Saturday, April 02, 2005

i can finally breathe... well, at least for two days until i start studying for my exams.

let me tell you about my roomate, Doreen.

She is soo 'mong' (clueless) about everything.

One ordinary day, about 6 months ago, i was desperately looking for my pair for running shoes so that i could go to the gym. Realizing that i couldn't find them after 3 weeks later, i came to a conclusion that i must have left it at home or i could have just misplaced them somewhere.
However, 2 weeks ago, one very odd thing happened. i saw my pair of running shoes suddenly appearing on the lovely feet of my roomate, doreen.

i cried out a loud cry, "Doreen, you stole my shoes!"

She calmly and confidently replied, "No they're not! i stole them from my friend sharon."

"Well, they sure look like mine," said I, "even the scratch marks and the pain causing ankle part are there!"

Doreen said, "that is true; they never used to hurt my ankle. what size are your feet?"

I calmly replied, "7 or 71/2! yours?"

"Well, they couldn't possibly be your then, because my feet are 61/2."

Starting to doubt myself, I went up to check the size of MY shoes. "They are 71/2, Dor!"

"oh. they must be yours then."

"well. you better confirm"

One day later, doreen came to me with a bleeding ankle and said, "they are definitely yours! they seem to be a bit too big as well."

Anyhow, to sum this story up in a nutshell. I went up to doreen, nicely asking her to make sure that they are her friend. A week later, she came back with her friend's shoes which look nothing like mine! (yes dor, they don't look like mine). Nonetheless, she managed to mistaken them for mine. what a silly little girl. haha.

the Lord is slowly preparing me to go back; i just know it. i can't wait... the harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few... so here I am Lord. here I am!

No comments: