Sunday, March 09, 2003

How amazing it is to know that the Lord does not comand us to do something when He does not think that we can do it. I mean, He commands us to be holy and to never sin again because He knows that we are capable of doing so. So why then do we live our lives thinking that it is impossible?? I used to think this way, that I can strive for His commands for me, but never really believing that i could do it as long as I'm in this body, which is of the flesh. But the Lord told me that they are all lies from Satan, all the guilt and fear. God told me that I am born of Him and that I can go on without sinning. He means it literally that I cannot go on sinning and He knows that I can do it because I am now made into a new creation. That is the most amazing thing about God's grace, that He died not only to wash away our sins, but also that our sinful nature may die with Him on the cross so that we can raise again as a new creation. Not to just wash away our past, but to make us anew!!! I mean, how cool is that????
I also find it amazing that His words, or His will for me is not far away so that I have to seach for His "signs". This is the freedom He has given me, that I, who has died to the sinful nature, can live my life without fear or sin because I am now a new creation who is born of the Spirit and that I can trust myself, yeah!!!...i can trust myself. I do not need to live a life in fear of sinning or scare of every move I make in fear that it would not be pleasing to the Lord. The Lord told me that it's okay, I can trust myself for He has put His law in my mind and wirte it on my heart. "Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it" No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it." ~Deuteronomy 30:11-14 Isn't that amazing?? God is so good!!! And He does not only offer this freedom to me, but to all who believes in Him and is born again into a new creation.
Anyways, i hope that's not too much considering that it is my kidda first "real" post!!!! but these are all the thoughts that are running in my head now!!!

No comments: