Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Love. something that is hard to grasp. even more so, something that is hard to do.

O Beloved of my Soul,
This do I desire:
Faith for the impossible,
Love that will not tire.
Jesus, Saviour, Lover, give me
Love for the unlovable,
Love that will not tire.

O Beloved of my Soul,
Yet again I come;
Give me cords of Love to draw
Many wanderers home.
Jesus, Savious, Lover, give me
Love that knows no stain nor flaw-
Love to lead them home.
-Amy Carmichael.

"For I am confident ,of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. For it is only right for me to feel this way about you all, because I have you in my heart..." Phil 1:6-7

Have you ever fervently prayed for someone that resulted in utter disappointment? Does it sometimes seem like its hard to love? Does it seem like your prayers are not been heard? be reminded that "Love will perfect that which it begins. It will not forsake the work of its own hands." -carmichael.

Lord, my prayer is that you will remind me of this everyday. Teach me to love and not grow tired. Teach me to love that knows no hurt nor disappointment. For YOU, O Lord, has burdened my heart for a purpose. O Love of God, cause my heart to say: "His love in me, will not forsake the work of my master's hands."

No comments: