Whether it be through her short interpretation of a bible verse or one of her inspiring poems, she never ceases to amaze me!
Here is one of her brilliant poems:
Before the winds that blow do cease,
Teach me to dweel within Thy calm;
Before the pain has passed in peace,
Give me, my God, to sing a psalm.
Let me not nlose the chance to prove
The fullness of enabling love.
O Love of God, do this for me:
Maintain a constant victory.
Before I leave the desert land
For meadows of immortal flowers,
Lead me where streams at Thy command
Flow by the borders of the hours,
That when the thirsty come, I may
Show them the fountains in the way.
O Love of God, do this for me:
Maintain a constant victory.
-Amy Carmichael
I was in one of those episodes again this week. I hate it, and the worst part is that i knew exactly why i reacted the way that i did. I want this prayer to reign true during these "episodes": "O love of God, do this for me: Maintain a constant victory." However, everytime the same thing happens, and i would feel the same way.
But one thing i did learn this week--through all this commotion about the most silliest thing in the world--is that the Lord was trying to teach us both something, to reveal to us what is in our hearts. I didn't expect the he would react the way that he did, but how he resolved it--with all his maturity--totally blew my mind away. I saw, this week in someone, a glimspe of a MOG who is being obedient to the Lord. And for that, I am glad that it happened the way that it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment