Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I hate it!

To clear out the confusion relating to my last post, I am embarking on a 40 days journey in breaking some of the strongholds in my life. The Lord has been showing me some of the things that are just pure lies that nonethess i have believed to be truth in my life. I must say that it has been good thus far. :)

Until tonight... I hate it that everytime someone makes a comment as such, I begin to get really reallly mad. For one thing, it reminds me of the critical comments my parents and my extended families would make everytime they see me. I hate it that I would have to defend myself. I hate it that i get angry because sometimes i fall and believe it to be partly true, and then i would get even more frustrated because i've believed in a lie. Better yet, i express my anger through things that i should not say or do.
I hate it that i must look to men for approval. i hate it. i hate it. you suck satan!

so tonight i came home. finding it hard to put my thoughts in writing, i begin to believe in the another lie...

okay cora. smarten up. For it is written: "You can do everything through Him who gives you strength."
For it is written: "You are fearfully and wonderfully made."

...resist the devil and he must FLEE from you...

edit today: July 19th From Carmichael
Let go displeasure
Sometimes something happens which recalls great pain. You are not able to find pleasure in that thing. You are oppressed by it and saddened. Suddenly the word comes, " Let go displeasure."
Displeasure is not always wrath; it is not unkindness, or the fretting which the psalm says so truly "tendeth only to evil-doing." It is just something that is not pleasure but pain, and so can depress the heart.
Let it go. Do not hold on to it. Let it slip out of mind. Turn to something that does give pleasure and fasten your thoughts on that. "Hold thee stil in the Lord, and abide patiently upon Him." "Commit thy way" (and the way of those thou lovest) unto Him, and thou shalt "be refreshed in the multitute of peace."
Prove this world if ever you are tempted in this way. You will find that by an act of will, by His grace, you can "let go displeasure" and be most tenderly released and refreshed.

No comments: